Cruiser’s University at the Annapolis Spring Boat Show will once again have the very successful two day all women’s class, “Cruising Women.” Kathy Parsons and Beth Leonard have been my partners in this class in past years. Both these wonderful cruising women are now following other dreams. I am very happy to introduce Behan Gifford as my new partner ( www.sailingtotem.com). Together we will help women to become more at home, at sea, and on their boats!! This class will give women the opportunity to voice their feelings, and learn that everyone has to start with the first step. Both Behan and I invite you to be with us for two days of cruising education and fun!!!
The Cruising Women program provides two very unique days of education for, and by women. Pam Wall and Behan Gifford have each traveled thousands of nautical miles in many areas of the world, and garnered a wealth of information about the cruising life.
Are you prepared to cruise? Pam and Behan will help answer that and many other questions as they fill in the gaps of your knowledge with patience and enthusiasm. One half-day is spent aboard boats.
The topics include:
- An introduction to cruising: with a partner, alone, or with family
- Developing a personal plan to go cruising
- Skill sets – learn what you still need to acquire
- Equipment overview
- Daily routines and safety
- Understanding the jargon
- What works, what doesn’t work
- Heave lines, tie knots, and become familiar with the equipment above and below deck.
The Cruising Women program is part of the Master Series Package at Cruisers University. In addition to two fabulous days in this program you get to choose from a wide variety of elective classes held on Saturday and Sunday.
Comments from women attending previous Cruising Women seminars:
- There is no way to express my gratitude for how gracious you are! You truly made me feel like there is no stupid question.
- It reassured me that I am not foolish or crazy for pursuing this dream, this lifestyle. It also helped me believe that I can learn the skills needed to do this, even be good at it!
- Thanks so much for all the sharing, information, humor, and encouragement. And so non-intimidating!
- The wide range of topics covered answered many questions I didn’t know I had.
I look forward to this two day course and all the joy of knowing we can ‘make it happen’ for women who are ready to get out there on their boats!