Pam Wall & West Marine invite you to the Seattle Boat Show: Boat Show University’s full day seminar on Monday, January 26 from 9am to 4pm “Empowering the First Mate: A practical approach to gain confidence on the water.”
This all day seminar is designed to fit the needs of the participants as we explore the many aspects of being on the water and how to enhance your boating experiences. You will gain the necessary skills to take control at the helm and be empowered in your role as first mate.
During this seminar, we will explore topics that include:
- How to plan for the typical days at sea and at port
- The essential equipment to make life aboard more comfortable, fun and safe
- What skills the first mates needs for the sailing and cruising lifestyle
- How to achieve these skills to build your skills
- The keys to working with the line—how to throw a line properly, cleating, hanging fenders and basic knot tying
- The essential things to know if you’re found Suddenly Alone
This interactive seminar will be packed with many learning opportunities within a safe environment to promote confidence in the first mate. No matter your level of experience on a boat, being confident makes for a more enjoyable time all-around.